Music Production, Home Recording, Studio Equipment, ReviewsWhat do you think about when you hear the words "Recording Studio"? Do you picture huge rows of equipment, with acoustically treated rooms and a large window seperating some famous musician and the producer? Many people dream about being on either side of that window, but don't realize they can start recording themselves or other musicians right from their homes and still achieve quality tracks. The key to quality music production isn't the fancy equipment (of course it doesn't hurt), but the knowledge and experience of the people using the equipment. We offer you the music production knowledge to help you gain the experience.
New On 2infamouz:
- January 7, 2014
Shortly after the release of Cakewalk’s Sonar X3 music production software, they also announced the release of an iPad application called ScratchPad. With mobile creativity at the heart of this ...Read More...
- November 6, 2013
The new Yamaha MOXF Workstation lineup offers a huge variety of sounds, effects and functionality. This absurdly powerful workstation also doubles as a midi controller.Read More...
- November 6, 2013
This music industry program at the University of New Haven offers a mixture of courses in audio recording, music, and music business.Read More...
- October 9, 2013
Hartford’s Hartt School of Music offers a bachelor’ of music degree in music production and technology.Read More...
- October 7, 2013
Bachelor of Science in Recording Arts At The Indiana University in BloomingtonRead More...
- September 15, 2013
The highly anticipated update to iZotope RX – RX 3 Complete Audio Repair Suite – has been released. This spectral audio editor / repair software has been an almost essential ...Read More...
Common Music Production / Home Recording Questions:
- How can I set up a cheap home recording studio?
- What's the best music production software?
- What is the best audio interface for my home studio?
- What are some steps I can take to network my music?
- Should I master my own projects with plugins in my DAW?
- What is the difference between mixing and mastering?
- What's the difference between a dynamic, condenser, and ribbon microphone?
- Is it worth going to a recording arts school for music production or audio engineering?
- Does the sample rate really matter for recording?
- Are there affordable quality microphone preamps?
- Do I need studio monitors to effectively mix a track or are headphones adequate?
- Which music production school is the best for learning digital music production?
- What equipment do I need to record at home?
- What's the best software for "making beats"?
- Can I use a regular sound card to record music at home or do I need an audio interface?
- What type of computer do I need to effectively run my DAW?
- What format should I render / export my music in?
- Can I use the same microphone to record both vocals and guitar?
- What type of microphone should I use to record vocals?
- What is MIDI? How do I record MIDI information?
- What is the difference between polar patterns on microphones?
- How can I avoid room noise in my recordings?
- Should I buy new or used equipment for my home recording studio?
- How do you acoustically treat a room for optimal listening and monitoring?
- Where can I get free VST plugins, free drum kits, free samples, and other resources for my DAW?
- What are some good mastering plugins for my DAW and should I use software to master?
- How can I achieve good vocal recordings?
- What does audio sample rate mean?
- What is bit depth?
- How can I set up a home recording studio on a small budget?
- What is a recording engineer?
- How can I start producing music?
- Is there free software available to record audio?
- Are USB microphones or USB microphone pre-amplifiers adequate for producing quality recordings?
- Does a MIDI controller / MIDI keyboard produce sound or trigger external sound sources?
- What is mic placement? Where should I place my microphones?
- What are microphone configurations?
- What are attack, decay, sustain and release and how do they effect audio? What is ADSR?
- Can I really separate vocals from a song using an inverted version of the instrumental?
- How can I sample music?
- Is it legal to sample copyrighted music?
- How do you match vocals to an instrumental with a different tempo?
- Should I use a Mac or a PC for music production?
Other Questions About Recording or Producing at home?
We're open to any ideas or suggestions from our viewers. If you have any questions that aren't answered on the site, send us a email or leave a comment and we'll write a new article to answer your question: Contact Us