iZotope Releases RX 3
Complete Audio Repair Suite
The highly anticipated update to iZotope RX – RX 3 Complete Audio Repair Suite – has been released. This spectral audio editor / repair software has been an almost essential tool in many digital music production applications. From post-production to mastering there are features to accommodate your needs. This self proclaimed “all in one” solution to repairing audio problems now has even more to offer to audio professionals with it’s updated GUI and list of features. Removing unwanted noise, clipping, removing or adding reverb, cleaning up dialogue, and a handful of other applications are all things iZotope RX 3 is capable of accomplishing – as a standalone program or as a suite of plugins inside your DAW.
iZotope RX 3 Features
- ADV Remove or reduce reverb from vocals, instruments, and more using the revolutionary Dereverb module.
- ADV Clean up dialogue on the fly with the Dialogue Denoiser—the new audio standard for real-time dialogue treatment.
- ADV Monitor your audio and loudness compliance using Insight™, iZotope’s comprehensive metering suite, in your DAW or NLE.
- Turn flawed audio into pristine, usable material using Denoise, Declip, Declick & Decrackle, Spectral Repair and more.
- Pinpoint problems faster than ever with the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyzer.
- Easily finesse your sound with dedicated audio enhancement modules like EQ, Gain, Channel Operations, and RX 3 Advanced’s Time & Pitch.
Visual Aspects of iZotope RX 3′s Spectral Editing
- Visualize audio with the intuitive spectrogram display and discover what your waveform won’t show you.
- Select and remove problematic frequencies with precision using drawing tools like Lasso, Brush, Magic Wand, Invert Selection, Invert Selection Frequencies and Select Harmonics.
- Replace unwanted sounds and fill gaps in recordings with Spectral Repair, which intelligently resynthesizes audio to restore a seamless listening experience.
- Work more intuitively than ever thanks to a completely redesigned interface—clean and approachable for both first-time and previous RX users.
This truly remarkable software is great for audio restoration, cleaning up recordings, and a variety of other sound editing applications. Not only is iZotope RX 3 great for audio engineers and recording enthusiasts, but it’s even been implemented in the law enforcement field for forensic analysis of audio!
So What Is New in iZotope’s RX 3?
- RX 3 standalone application now has increased performance and speed, optimizing your workflow efficiency, thanks to the intelligent DSP and optimized multi-core processing.
- The inclusion of audio recording and monitoring, SRC sample rate conversion, waveform statistics.
- An entirely reconfigured and interface provides time saving features, such as multi-file workflow and the new RX document format.
- Denoise and Declip modules, the parametric EQ, selection and drawing tools, MBIT+ dither, and other features have been enhanced.